Company rumors & news writer
TrenchMice is hiring freelancers to dig up rumors and news about companies.
We aren't the typical site that opines about new products, company financing, or market trends. Instead, we're about what's going down *in the office*. I.e., what it's like to work for a company, or for a particular manager.
If you've ever listened to friends vent about their jobs, you know the kind of information we're looking for!
* Write about company rumors and news that you get from friends, colleagues, web surfing, or you just overheard at a party
* Write up interviews with founders or managers of small companies
* An interest in writing about companies. (Duh!)
* Good searching skills for personal contact info. For example, if you had the name of someone working at firm XYZ, could you dig up their e-mail address from an obscure corner of the Internet?
* Familiarity with alternative search engines and directories, especially related to industries (e.g., health care) or types of content (e.g., blogs) is a plus
* Very good English writing skills
* No prior reporting experience is necessary!
The cool things about being a TrenchMice stringer:
* If youâ€™re looking to break into the reporting business, youâ€™ll gain writing experience that employers look for
* You can do it in your spare time. On your lunch break. At a coffee shop. At home. In your pajamasâ€¦
* You can even do it while youâ€™re working at another job
* $20 â€“ $30 per published scoop, depending on length
* Cogito, Inc. stock options for multiple months of continuous stringing
Weâ€™ll help you get started with TrenchMice reporting guidelines, sample interview questions, and example posts. Payments terms are net-30.
How to apply
Send your resume and two writing samples to email@example.com. If you donâ€™t have prior reporting experience, then attach some writing samples from school.
Posted on: 01/17