MoneyCrashers.com, a popular personal finance site, is currently looking for an editor. Money Crashers provides valuable information around topics like budgeting, saving money, college and careers, credit and debt, investing, couponing, frugal living, small business, real estate, and going green.
The ideal editor should:
* Have a strong literary and writing background
* Have experience with blogging platforms like WordPress
* Be passionate about writing and editing and reaching out to readers
* Be extremely detail-oriented
* Work well as part of a team
* Be able to meet deadlines
* Be enthusiastic and passionate about being a long-term part of the Money Crashers team
* Prior editorial experience is not required, but is a plus for this position.
The editor role will require 20-30 hours per week with potential to grow into a full-time position depending on performance.
Competitive starting base rate per article (depending on experience and background). Monthly payments through Paypal or direct deposit. Editor can work remotely.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate writer and editor to be part of a popular, established finance site with continued growth potential.
How to apply
Send an email to editorjob [at] moneycrashers [dot] com with:
* A short bio (including any relevant background or knowledge as well as other places where you may have contributed content or edited in the past).
* A description of why you're the ideal candidate for this position.
* If available, 1-3 samples of content that you have created and/or edited in the past (links and attachments okay).
* As part of the evaluation process, if you are chosen as a finalist, you will be expected to edit sample pieces of content.
Posted on: 01/04