Simply Good Media is a multi-media company focused on providing content that teaches readers how to live a good life for less. We run several sites including the very popular The Budget Fashionista, as well as other sites and projects.
We're looking for a detail oriented, focused, managing editor to work directly with our team to manage our sites. This includes managing the production staff, working with publicists to gather information and product reviews, scheduling of editorial content, monitoring of freelancers/editors, working with partners to develop branded content and ensuring editorial consistency throughout our sites.
Please note this is more of MANAGEMENT position than a writing position. Pay is is based on experience and skill set.
Primary Responsibilities Include, But Not Limited to:
- directly manage production staff
- directly manage editors and freelance writers
- facilitate our community and encourage community participation
-Make sure the sites are running, posts are scheduled and formatted correctly.
- work with interns to develop and promote social media strategy
- work with Director of Digital Strategy to make sure all tech aspects of the site are working and is functional
- monitor sites for any gaps in posts and assign/write posts to fill those gaps.
- Research and implement solid SEO practices across all sites
- manage contests and other branded partnerships.
- Extremely detailed oriented, with exceptional organizational skills
- Must have own blog that has been active for at least 1 year
- Basic knowledge of HTML (you will be tested)
-Excellent communication skills (must respond to emails/phone calls quickly).
- Ability to Learn Quickly
- Previous experience managing blog content
- High speed internet access
- Flexible schedule
- A high level of maturity and ability to work under pressure
- A pleasant personality and ability to work in a demanding environment
Who should not apply:
- Anyone who wants to "be a celebrity". This is a behind the scenes editing/writing management position. You will not become famous.
- Anyone unfamiliar with FTC blogging guidelines and lacking a high level of maturity.
- Anyone who needs to work in a very structured environment and/or needs a lot of interaction and follow up.
How to apply
This is a paid professional position. Send a short note detailing your editorial/content management skills, focusing on your skills in managing blogs/online publications, along with a resume, links to three blogging samples and compensation requirements.
Posted on: 06/14