WEB COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
COLUMBIA BUSINESS SCHOOL
WEB COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Columbia Business School seeks a Web Communications Manager. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the position increases Columbia Business School's visibility by writing and producing relevant and engaging content for Columbia Business School's web site on a daily basis. Generates, investigates and brings to life stories related to School initiatives, faculty research, and student and alumni activities as well as timely business news and trends. Writes, edits and proofreads in accordance with accepted rules of style and syntax. Collaborates with members of the administration and faculty as well as people both inside and outside the University. Manages projects with attention to detail, accuracy, quality and consistency. Supervises the Assistant Web Editor.
1. Create and maintain ongoing content with a timely, relevant voice that demonstrates Columbia Business School's character.
2. Work with Director to monitor and develop the School's overall Web content strategy and production.
3. Track industry and news developments impacting the Columbia Business School community.
4. Work with multiple constituents including faculty, students, staff, alumni and the dean's office to gather and create engaging and relevant content.
5. Assess new standards and technologies in developing overall Web content strategy as well as devise new tactics to increase awareness of Columbia Business School online.
6. Collaborate with other members of the web communications team to ensure consistency with the rest of the School's web site.
7. Develop related formats where appropriate, such as pod- and video-casts.
8. Ensure quality across the board, in content as well as in links, images and software performance.
9. Monitor and oversee responses to content.
10. Related projects as necessary.
Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required. Minimum 3-5 years related experience required. Must be a proactive, efficient and accomplished interviewer and writer with an excellent sense of tone. Knowledge of and facility with HTML/CSS, image editing, and Adobe Photoshop software critical. Knowledge of and experience with online community moderation and messaging. Ability to analyze web metrics and relate it to content strategy.
5 years related experience preferred. Blog development and management experience preferred. Knowledge of Blog software and the current technical ecology of a blogger (e.g. del.ici.ous, RSS, etc) preferred.
How to apply
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
For a full job announcement and to apply, please visit our web site:
Req. # 050338
Posted on: 06/11