Online Campaigner -Greenpeace USA
Online Campaigner (Washington, DC with option to relocate to San Francisco after 1 year)
Greenpeace is the leading independent environmental organization that utilizes bold action, cutting-edge research and creative communications to protect the Earth. We expose global environmental problems and promote the solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. We investigate, document and expose environmental destruction in a peaceful manner and promote open, informed debate about society's environmental choices. To ensure our independence we do not accept donations from corporations or governments. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.greenpeace.org
Purpose of the Position:
This person will get the opportunity to work on almost all areas of digital campaign engagement at Greenpeace USA. Including email, website, blog, mobile, social media and more.
Major Functions / Responsibilities:
Conceptual Tasks, Strategy Development and/or Project Development:
The Online Campaigner will be responsible for building advocacy emails and action alerts, managing our mobile platform and working with the Social Media Strategist, Web Content Producer, and external parties.
Working closely with the online team and across the various campaign departments the Online Campaigner will help support all of our campaigns online.
Support / Coaching / Leadership:
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position.
Compliance / Keeping Framework Conditions:
The Online Campaignerâ€™s job will be driven by metrics that will be continually honed to ensure we are maximizing the daily opportunities to communicate with our members.
- Supervised by: Senior Online Strategist
- Location: Washington, DC with the option to relocate to San Francisco, CA after 1 year
- Date: Target start date is January 14, 2013
- Excellent writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail.
- Some familiarity with online organizing platforms and social media platforms. SMS a bonus.
- Familiar with basic HTML coding.
- Preference will be given for applicants with experience in journalism, email, speechwriting, HTML, online organizing, graphic design, page layout, statistical analysis, and reporting.
Key Competencies (Social Competency and Self-Competency):
- Knowledge of environmental issues
- Strong, sharp and personable
- Wants to work in a fast-paced environment with a group people who have chosen to dedicate their lives to saving the environment.
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 401K matching and time off for vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave. After five years, staff are eligible for a paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan.
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in your cover letter: a specific explanation of your interest in Greenpeaceâ€™s mission and the available position and how you found out about this career opportunity. Please use the email subject line: Online Campaigner Position â€“ YOUR NAME. Application deadline is November 30, 2012. No phone calls please.
Posted on: 11/15