Blog Editor - Tech Blog
Kaleidico, a full-service digital marketing agency in the Detroit-metro area, is seeking a talented, curious, initiated, Can-Do attitude Blog Editor for a High Profile Tech Blog. As the Senior Editor and Community Manager, you will be responsible for leading the editorial direction and very large pre-existing community. Your primary activities will be focused on:
* Developing and executing the editorial calendar,
* Managing a network of paid and guest bloggers,
* Growing a responsive customer community,
* Building and nurturing relationships with influencers, and
* Engaging media, journalist, and PR opportunities
These activities will be performed on behalf of a Kaleidico client, which is already notable in the tech community.
Our team moves fast and expects to deliver the highest level of measurable results to our clients.
A successful candidate MUST have the following skills/characteristics:
* Experience managing commercial or money-making blog(s) in the tech niche
* Experience managing editorial calendar and writers
* Demonstrate an active and quality Twitter account and followers
* Experience managing Facebook Pages and Google+ Profiles
* Demonstrate an active Linkedin profile
* Familiar with tools for managing and monitoring multiple social profiles (i.e., Hootsuite)
* Familiar with basic HTML and blogging platforms (i.e., Wordpress)
* SEO knowledge a plus
* Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines with flexibility to switch tasks frequently, while maintaining clear understanding of urgent priorities
* Conduct internet research with speed and accuracy
* Show examples of excellent writing and editing skills
* Be comfortable working quickly and accurately while managing deadlines
* Be positive, personable and effective while working in a busy environment
* Be able to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
* Be self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Your primary responsibility will be to attract and grow new audiences with content marketing and social outreach, building a sense of community around the client's brand. The primary metric of success will be your ability to grow the community--Web traffic, social engagement, and campaign responsiveness.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please email email@example.com and include a link to your Linkedin profile. This position is great for someone looking to accelerate their career with a fast paced, fast growth digital agency.
Posted on: 11/26