Writer - Freelance
Influence & Co. is looking for freelance writers to craft compelling, high-quality articles for top-tier and niche online publications. The content developer’s job is to review the information provided by experts and distill the most important points to create a coherent article in a captivating voice.
Content developers must be passionate about writing, be good self-editors, love learning about new topics, and have strong personalities that come through in their work.
We ask our writers to commit to writing two to three articles per week. These articles are written to deadlines, but they can be written according to the writers’ schedules. Each article must be returned within three calendar days (including weekends).
- Applicants must be willing to complete a test article.
- Content developers will work directly with editorial staff.
- Articles will not be published under the content creator’s byline.
- Payment is on a per-article basis (typically between $40 and $60). The rate is determined by the quality of the test piece and the writer’s experience.
- Preference is given to applicants with previous experience writing articles about marketing/advertising, tech, or entrepreneurship.
- Native English speaker
- Research skills: Must be able to do outside research to flesh out an idea or provide an interesting fact to create an engaging article
- Attention to detail: Should have a good grasp on style, structure, tone, and voice and be able to self-edit according to guidelines provided
- 2+ years of experience writing professionally or equally strong writing samples
- Knowledge of AP Style
How to apply
Please send three published writing samples to tarah(at)influenceandco.com. Include a short note about your background, why you love writing, and what attracted you to the position.
Posted on: 12/03